On Tuesday, March 18, LBIS is hosting a Day of Research. This event is to inform the campus on many of the different resources available to them through the library. There will be informational booths on various resources, presentations, and a raffle. The event is open to the entire campus. Refreshments will be available.
Date: Tuesday, March 18
Time: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Where: Olin and Chalmers Libraries
Located in the Presidential Lobby (located right off the atrium)
- Digital Kenyon (digital.kenyon.edu)
- Our Ebook collections
- Honors Thesis Submission Process
- JSTOR representative with tips n' tricks
- Open Access @ Kenyon
- Refworks and Flow (Use to save citations and create bibliographies)
- Writing Center
Student Researcher Panel Presentations
Panel presentation will be held in the MLL Computer Classroom (Chalmers 114). Chipotle burritos will be served (A limited number of burritors will be available).
- Common Hour (11:10am) panel: Molly Goolman '14 (majors: Biology and History), Jake Griffith-Rosenberger '16 (major: Anthropology, minor: history), Andrea Odegaard '14 (major: Hisotry), and Anna Walley '15 (major: History). Moderated by Elna McIntosh '16, LBIS Reference Intern.
- Noon (12:00pm) panel: Harry Hurley '14 (major: Biochemistry), Nat Katz '15 (majors: Classics and History), and Julia Tomlinson '15 (major: History). Moderated by Jake Weiner '15, LBIS Reference Intern.
Finding and Using Ebooks Demonstrations
Demonstration by Carmen King, Fine Arts Librarian, will be held in the Chalmers Computer Lab at 10:00am and 1:00pm.
Must submit entry in person but need not be present to win.
- Grand Prize: Be on your own READ poster
- 4 Library fine gift certificates (value $20 each, restrictions do apply)
- 2 Mystery grab bags
- 8 GB flash drive
- Item from JSTOR store (TBD)
Snacks will be available during the Informational Fair. Chipotle burritos will be served during the Panel presentations.
For more information, contact Julia Warga (firstname.lastname@example.org)