Librarians are available to assist you with many library and research queries:
- Getting started with your research for a term paper
- Learning how to find and borrow books from CONSORT and OhioLINK
- Finding a subject-specific or course-related pages with suggested resources for all academic departments and concentrations
- Selecting appropriate databases to search for journal articles on your topic
- Providing citation manuals to help you cite your references correctly
- Selecting and using reference resources
Academic Department Liaison Librarians
Each academic department has an assigned librarian, who is available for:
- Individual or small group library research consultations
- Suggesting books, videos, and other curriculum-related materials for purchase
- Teaching course-related library instruction sessions
Our librarians do not hold official office hours, but we are available for one-on-one appointments in our offices for those who would like more individualized attention. Plus, if you make an appointment, there will be less risk of interruption because we will be focused on you. Appointments are held in the librarian’s office and may be set up either by contacting the librarian directly or by filling out this form.
The Research and Reference Desk
The research and reference desk is staffed by reference librarians and interns. The desk is located on the 2nd floor of Olin Library. We have daily hours, and each librarian has regularly scheduled shifts, though any librarian or intern working at the desk should be able to get you started on your assignment.
- Walk-up assistance: Olin Library, 2nd Level
- Telephone: 740-427-5691
- Chat: Available via lbis.kenyon.edu and subject guides
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text: 740-444-4031 (add us to your list of contacts!)
Research and Reference Desk Hours of Operation
Assistance is available at the research and reference desk during the day, as well as in the evenings and on weekends. A schedule of hours during the academic year is listed below:
Monday-Thursday: 10:00am-12:00pm, 1:00pm-5:00pm, and 6:00pm-midnight
Friday: 10:00am -12:00pm and 1:00pm-3:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm-5:00pm and 6:00pm-midnight
The Research and Reference Desk is closed during most campus breaks.
After Hours Help
If you need immediate assistance, and we are not available, please consider:
- Research Guides which are available for each academic department and concentration. These guides contain database recommendations, search strategies, and more.