Students who wish to apply for a library carrel should first read the rules and regulations, then, if you can agree to abide by them, complete the application form . Applications will be accepted August 25th to September 3rd, 2016. Only those applications that are completed in full will be considered. Applicants will be notified of carrel assignments around September 7th, 2016 .
There are 26 two-person carrels. These 52 positions are assigned first to seniors, then juniors, etc., based on a point system, where
- Reading for honors in the major = 1.00
- Double majors = 1.00
- Prior library-carrel infractions = (-1.00)
Students, who wish, may designate another student with whom they wish to be paired. If both students qualify for a carrel attempts will be made to honor student preferences. Otherwise, students are paired in random order.
There are 71 individual lockers located in Chalmers 3rd and 2nd floor that are available in lieu of a carrel.
Reservable Carrels and/or Study Rooms
- Seven carrels located on the 1st floor Chalmers behind the government documents can be reserved for up to 5 days but no more than twice a month by the same group or person.
- The atrium room (capacity for 4-6 people) on the 1st floor in the atrium can be booked for 4 hours.
- Two sound reduced rooms are located on the 3rd floor Chalmers and may be booked in advance for group study. They are equipped with white boards and flat screen TV's. Each has a capacity for eight students.
Just stop at or call the main circulation desk at (740) 427-5187 to reserve a carrel or one of the rooms. A valid Kenyon I.D. must be presented to pick up the carrel or room key. If you do not pick up the key by the first day it is booked we reserve the right to book it for someone else.