What Is Rave Guardian?
Rave Guardian is an free app for your iOS and Android devices that provides safety services to Kenyon employees and students.
How Does Rave Guardian Work?
The Rave Guardian app provides several tools you can use to enhance your safety on campus:
- Emergency calls & safety tips: Call or provide tips (including photos) to Campus Safety about an unsafe situation on campus. Or call 911 directly from the app.
- Directly contact friends or family: Import contacts into the Rave Guardian app and communicate directly with trusted contacts.
- Set a safety timer: If you’re heading out alone, set a safety timer. The app automatically notifies your contacts if the timer expires before you disable it.
- Guard someone else: Receive safety notifications via the Rave Guardian app on behalf of others.
- Create a safety profile: Automatically share key information about yourself, including a photo and information about medical conditions or allergies, in the event of an emergency.
The app includes step-by-step instructions for configuring and using each of these tools.
How Can I Get Rave Guardian?
How Do I Set Up Rave Guardian?
The Rave Guardian app walks you through each of the setup steps. For a preview of the setup process, see our Rave Guardian Setup Overview page.
What if the Rave Guardian App Doesn't Install Correctly?
If you've downloaded the Rave Guardian app but it won't open on your mobile device, consult instructions for managing apps on your iOS or Android devices. For more assistance, stop by the Helpline desk on the second floor of Chalmers Library.