Scan to Email on Canon Printers
January 2015 Update: All of Kenyon's Canon public printers have been replaced by new Ricoh public printers. For documentation on our Ricoh printers, please see this link. Over the months of January and February, we will be replacing all departmental Canon printers with new Ricoh printers. This documentation will remain until all the Canon printers have departed
These instructions explain how to use Kenyon's Canon Printer/Scanners to scan documents to an email account.
- Tap the Send tab at top of the touchscreen display.
- Tap the Email button near the center of the screen. This opens a new window for specifying the destination e-mail address.
- Tap Email Address.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to input the destination email address.
- When you are finished inputting your email, tap OK near the bottom right corner of the display.
- Optionally, repeat steps 1 through 5 to add multiple email addresses. (You may find it more convenient to send the email to yourself and then forward it to multiple recipients)
- Place the item to be scanned either face-up in the gray loading tray on top of the printer or at the top left corner of the glass, depending on the type of item you are scanning.
- Press the green start button on the right hand side of the keypad to scan the document.
- Tap Done on the pop-up window on the touch screen to send the scan to the email(s) entered.
You should receive an email from the printer with the scanned item(s) attached. Depending on the number of documents and the quality selected for the scanned item(s), the email take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes to arrive.