January 2015 Update: All of Kenyon's Canon public printers have been replaced by new Ricoh public printers. For documentation on our Ricoh printers, please see this link. Over the months of January and February, we will be replacing all departmental Canon printers with new Ricoh printers. This documentation will remain until all the Canon printers have departed
These instructions detail how to connect a Mac to Kenyon's departmental Canon printers. Once you add a printer, you might want to change your printing settings; see the links following the instructions for additional configuration options.
1. If you are attempting to connect to one of Kenyon's departmental Canon printers, you must first follow instructions A–C before proceeding. If you have already installed the Canon drivers, then skip to Step 2.
- Download the Canon drivers installer package by clicking here.
- In your Downloads folder, double-click UFRII_LT_LIPS_LX_Installer.pkg to open the installer disk image.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation before proceeding.
2. Make sure you are signed into to the Kenyon Network. Select Apple Menu > System Preferences.
3. Click Print & Fax (Print & Scan in OS X 10.8 and beyond)
4. Click the Printing tab, then click the + sign beneath the list of printers.
5. In the window that appears, click the IP tab.
6. Make sure Line Printer Daemon - LPD is selected in the Protocol dropdown menu.
8. In the Print Using pulldown menu, click Select Printer Software.
9. In the list that appears, click the model of the printer. You will see two choices for each model of printer—ALWAYS select the second entry for each Canon Printer on the list. You won't be able to print unless you select the second entry for each printer. Click OK.
10. Click Add to complete the process.
Change Your Print Settings
If you need additional assistance, please call Helpline at x5700.