These instructions explain how to use our public printers to scan documents directly to any email account.
- Authenticate with the printer using either your K-Card or your network username and password
- On the touchscreen, tap Use Device Functions, then tap OK.
- Press the physical Scanning button just to the left of the touchscreen display.
- Tap Manual Entry near the center of the touchscreen. This opens a new window for specifying the destination e-mail address.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to input the full destination email address, then tap OK near the bottom right-hand corner of the display.
- Place the originals in the feeder (face up) or in the top left-hand corner of the glass pane (face down).
- Press the physical Start button next to the bottom right-hand side of the touchscreen to scan the document.
- Repeat Steps 7 and 8 for multiple documents
- Press the physical # button when you are finished scanning your documents to email them.
You should receive an email from the printer with the scanned item(s) attached. Depending on the number of documents and the quality selected for the scanned item(s), the email may take between 30 seconds and 5 minutes to arrive.