Anyone with a non-guest Kenyon network account may print to Kenyon's public printers by using public lab computers or by connecting to the printers directly from their personal computers. These instructions detail how to connect a Mac to Kenyon's public printers.
Once you add the public printer queue, you might want to change your printing settings; see the links following the instructions for additional configuration options.
Note: These instructions are for adding the public print queue. For instructions on adding the print queue for a departmental printer on your mac, click here.
Map the Public Printer Queue on Your Mac
1. If you are attempting to connect to the Public Printer Queue, you must first install the correct driver.
- Download Ricoh drivers installer package by clicking here.
- In your Downloads folder, double-click Ricoh_PS_Printers_Vol3_EXP_LIO_2.60.0.dmg to open the installer disk image.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation before proceeding.
2. Make sure you have internet access. Select Apple Menu > System Preferences.
3. Click Print & Fax (Print & Scan in OS X 10.8 and beyond)
4. Then click the + sign beneath the list of printers.
5. In the window that appears, right-click (or hold the Control key and click) in the grey area above the Search bar and from the menu that appears select Customize Toolbar… Drag and drop the Advanced icon up to the toolbar under Add, then click Done.
6. Select the Advanced tab. From the Type dropdown menu, choose Windows printer via spoolss
7. In the URL field, type smb://colorado.kenyon.edu/publicprint
8. In the Use pulldown menu at the bottom of the window, click Select Software. In the window that appears select Ricoh MP C5503 PS (You can type that in the Filter box in the top right to find it faster.) Click OK to close that window, then click Add to complete the process.
9. The first time you send a a document to PublicPrint from your Mac, you will see a pop-up window asking you to enter a username and password. Enter your Kenyon username and password to send the document to your printing account. You may check the box to “Remember this password in my keychain” so that you don’t need to repeat this process every time you print.
For information on printing double sided or in color versus black & white, please see our guide to Basic Print Settings on Mac OSX
For information on more advanced settings, such as creating presets, changing the resolution, and selecting the paper tray, see our guide to Advanced Print Settings in Mac OSX
If you need additional assistance, please call Helpline at (740)427-5700.