Print to Departmental Ricoh Printers on Your Windows Computer
Employees from each academic department have access to departmental printers that are separate from those that students may print to. These instructions detail how to connect a Windows computer to Kenyon's departmental printers.
Once you add the departmental printer queue, you might want to change your printing settings; see the links following the instructions for additional configuration options.
Note: If your departmental printer requires a user code, click here for instructions after you have added the queue to your Windows computer. Not sure if your departmental printer requires a user code? Call Helpline at 1-740-427-5700 or your department's administrative assistant.
Note: Permission to print to departmental printers is granted individually to different departments. Employees that do not work in a specific building often will not be able to print to the departmental printers housed in that building.
Mapping a Departmental Printer Queue on Your Windows Computer
Note: These instructions use the departmental printer ASC018 as an example.
- Ensure that you have an active network connection before you begin.
- Select Start > Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a Printer from the menu items towards the top left-hand side of the window.
- When the Add Printer window appears, select The printer that I want isn’t listed. You don't have to wait for Windows to finish looking.
- Check Select a shared printer by name.
- In the text box, type \\colorado.kenyon.edu\ASC018. Then click Next.
- If the Connect to... window appears, type kenyon\yourusername in the Username box and your network password in the Password box. Click OK.
- Select whether you want this printer to be your default printer, then click Next.
- Click Finish to complete mapping the printer.
Change Your Print Settings
If you need additional assistance, please call Helpline at 1-740-427-5700.