Employees from each academic department have access to departmental printers that are separate from those that students may print to. These instructions detail how to connect a Windows computer to Kenyon's departmental printers.
Once you add the departmental printer queue, you might want to change your printing settings; see the links following the instructions for additional configuration options.
Note: If your departmental printer requires a user code, click here for instructions after you have added the queue to your Windows computer. Not sure if your departmental printer requires a user code? Call Helpline at 1-740-427-5700 or your department's administrative assistant.
Note: Permission to print to departmental printers is granted individually to different departments. Employees that do not work in a specific building often will not be able to print to the departmental printers housed in that building.
Mapping a Departmental Printer Queue on Your Windows Computer
Note: These instructions use the departmental printer ASC018 as an example.
- Ensure that you have an active network connection before you begin.
- Select Start > Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a Printer from the menu items towards the top left-hand side of the window.
- When the Add Printer window appears, select The printer that I want isn’t listed. You don't have to wait for Windows to finish looking.
- Check Select a shared printer by name.
- In the text box, type \\colorado.kenyon.edu\ASC018. Then click Next.
- If the Connect to... window appears, type kenyon\yourusername in the Username box and your network password in the Password box. Click OK.
- Select whether you want this printer to be your default printer, then click Next.
- Click Finish to complete mapping the printer.
Change Your Print Settings
If you need additional assistance, please call Helpline at 1-740-427-5700.