Adding a Departmental Code to Your Mac
Certain departmental printers require a user code that must be programmed into the print settings of your computer. These instructions detail how to add a departmental user code on your Mac.
Don't know your user code? Not sure if your departmental printer requires a user code? Call Helpline at 1-740-427-5700 or contact your department's administrative assistant.
Note: You should only add your departmental user code only after you have added the departmental queue to your Mac. For instructions on adding the queue click here.
Saving Your Departmental Code as a Preset on Your Mac
- Open any program from which you normally print
- From the File menu, choose Print
- In the printer window, make sure you select the Ricoh departmental printer from the drop-down next to Printer
- Click Copies & Pages and select Job Log from the drop-down list. (If you do not see Copies & Pages, click the down arrow to the left of the Printers drop-down.)
- Check Enable User Code and then type your code in the User Code box
- Now you must save this as a preset in order for the code to be saved for future use. Click on Standard next to Presets and select Save As. Give the preset a name, such as ACL105-Code, then click OK
- Click Print if you want to print or Cancel to exit the Print window
Note: This setup requries that you do two things each time you want to print.
- You must select the correct Ricoh departmental printer from the Printer: drop-down menu, such as ACL105
- You must select the preset that you just made (i.e., ACL105-code) from the Presets: drop-down menu.
For additional assistance, please call Helpline at (740) 427-5700