To Register a Wireless Device with the Kenyon Network
- Before you begin, find and record the MAC address of your device's wireless antenna. This can usually be found in the Settings. Consult your owner's manual for more information. (See also our page on finding MAC addresses of popular devices.)
- To successfully register your device, you must disconnect it from the wireless network for at least 30 minutes after registering it. If you do not know how to turn off the wireless antenna, power the device off. Leave the wireless antenna or device off until you have completed the steps below.
- In a web browser, go to https://clearpass.kenyon.edu/guest.
- Enter your Kenyon username and password. Click Login.
- Click Create Device on the left side of the screen.
- Enter in the MAC address of your device, using a colon (:) to separate each set of two characters. When you're done, the MAC address should be formatted like this: AB:C1:23:45:DE:FC.
- Enter the Device Name to describe your device.
- Select an Account Activation option to indicate when your device should start working on KenyonDevices.
- Select an Account Expiration option. This how long your device registration will be valid.
- Click Create
To Update a Wireless Device Registration
When the registration for your device expires, you can renew its account from the Devices home page instead of deleting the registration and adding it again. When a device's registration expires, its entry under Expiry Time will be red (otherwise black for valid registrations).
- In a web browser, go to https://clearpass.kenyon.edu/guest
- Click Manage Devices on the left side of the screen.
- Click the entry for the device you wish to renew.
- Click Change Expiration
- Select a new expiration option for your device.
- Click the Update Account button.
To Review Accounts for Registered Wireless Devices
From the homepage, click Manage Devices. They are listed with information such as MAC address, status, and expiry date. Clicking on a device's entry will bring up the beginning and end dates of the registration as well.
To Disable (or Re-Activate) Wireless Device Accounts You Have Created
To disable a wireless device account you have created
- Check the box corresponding to the device's account from the Device home page
- Click Remove.
- Choose which action you wish to take: Disable account or Delete account.
- Click Make Changes
- To re-activate a device that has been disabled, but has not already expired, select the device and click Activate, then Enable Account.
If you wish to reactivate a device that has already expired, please refer to the Renew a Wireless Device instructions above.
Find troubleshooting help for registered devices here.