After reading the instructions below, click here to access the Guest Wireless Account Request form.
LBIS has updated the system used to provide temporary wireless access to Kenyon guests. We’re pleased to note some differences from the prior system:
- Guest wireless accounts can be issued in advance of your guest’s arrival at Kenyon. You can choose the precise date and time the account will become active, up to a year in the future.
- Accounts can now last up to 180 days.
- The guest username and password will no longer be emailed to the sponsor; instead, they will appear immediately after submitting the form.
- Sponsors have the ability to disable and reactivate accounts they have created.
Remember that anyone with a Kenyon network account can issue an account. If a guest you invite to Kenyon wants temporary access to Kenyon’s wireless network, you are the best person to sponsor them. The Kenyon sponsor is responsible for the behavior and actions associated with the guest account, including any violations of Kenyon's Acceptable Use Policy.
If you have any questions about guest accounts after reading the documentation below, please contact Helpline at 1-740-427-5700.
To Sponsor a Guest for Temporary Wireless Access
- In a web browser, go to https://kenyontips.kenyon.edu/guestconnect/slogin.action
- Enter your Kenyon username and password. Click Login.
- On the right side of the screen, click Add User.
- Click the calendar icons to set the beginning and end dates and times of your guest’s wireless access. If you do not specify a start or end time, the system will substitute the current time.
- Enter the guest’s first and last name and the purpose of their visit.
- Click the blue bar labeled Additional Details.
- Enter your guest’s email address and the best phone number to contact them.
- If your guest is visiting Kenyon representing a company, identify their employer in the Company box.
- When you complete entering information, click Save. (If unsuitable or insufficient data is entered, you will see an error message. If this occurs, please double-check the information you entered in the form.)
- After you click Save, a summary of your guest’s information, including their guest wireless username and password, will appear.
- If you want to print this information to give it to your guest, click the Print buton at the lower right. Otherwise, click Close.
To Disable or Renew Temporary Guest Wireless Accounts You Have Created
To disable a guest account you have created, check the box corresponding to the guest’s account from the guest wireless account request home page and click Suspend. If you have suspended a guest wireless account that has not already expired, check the box corresponding to the guest’s account and click Activate.
If you wish to reactivate an account that has already expired, you must create a new guest wireless account for your guest.