What Is a Network Password?
Each Kenyon student and employee is assigned a network password which, along with your username, enables you to sign into Kenyon's network services, which include email, Moodle, public computers, and network drives. Your email and network passwords are the same; when you change one of them, you change the other one as well.
Kenyon's Network Password Requirements
To change your password, use this website: http://reset.kenyon.edu. You can change your password at any time. Additionally, if you ever believe that you have replied to a spam or phishing email, you should immediately change your password, and then promptly notify Helpline at x5700.
IMPORTANT: Your new Kenyon password MUST meet all the following criteria
- Minimum of 14 characters long
- Cannot reuse a former password
- Cannot contain all or part of your username
Change Your Network Password
- In a web browser, go to http://reset.kenyon.edu.
- In the text boxes, enter your Kenyon network username, your current password, and a new password that meet the above requirements. Click Submit.
- If your password was successfully changed, you will receive a confirmation message. See below for an explanation of possible error messages. If you don't successfully change your password on the first attempt, click your browser's Back button and try again.
Possible reset.kenyon.edu Error Messages
New password fields don't match.
The new passwords you entered do not match each other.
Could not change password for user. Old password may be incorrect or the new one does not meet the requirements.
You might see this message if you misspelled either your username or current password. Alternately, your new password does not meet Kenyon's network password requirements.
I Forgot My Password
Come to the Helpline desk during business hours with your Kenyon ID so a Kenyon administrator can reset your account. If you are off campus, please call Helpline at 740-427-5700.