Moderate an Email List
Some email lists at Kenyon are moderated. If you are the moderator of a list, the instructions below should help you navigate the moderator privileges. There is an expectation that each moderated mailing list will be reviewed at least once a day during the normal work week for pending messages.
Log in as a Moderator
Each moderated mailing list has its own moderation link in Google Groups. You may wish to bookmark these links for easier access.
Process any Pending Messages
At this point, you may see a number of pending messages for the mailing list that you have selected to moderate. These are messages that have been sent to the mailing list but have not been delivered to anyone. They are waiting for the moderator (you!) to decide whether to accept them as appropriate for the mailing list. You will see the Author, Message and Date for each message. Click on a messgae to see a preview.
To approve a post:
- Click on a post to read its contents.
- Click on the checkbox next to the post. Four buttons appear at the top of the screen.
- Click one of the these two options:
- Post ( ) - Allow the message to be delivered to members of the mailing list.
- Remove ( ) - Reject the message. The sender will receive a notice that the message was not approved.