Many Kenyon resources are available on servers (Windows or Samba shares) which can be mapped by network users and accessed on campus. These include personal drives (H: drives) and the public (P:) drive. Mapping a drive creates a shortcut in your Mac’s Finder to that drive.
- Ensure that you have a working internet connection and that you are logged into the Kenyon network.
- On the menu bar, select Go > Connect to Server.
- Enter the address of the desired server:
- For a student's H: (personal) drive, enter smb://rhine.kenyon.edu/username$
- For a staff or faculty H: drive, enter smb://tiber.kenyon.edu/username$
- For the O: (departmental) drive, enter smb://vistula.kenyon.edu/<departmental share>
- For the P: (public) drive, enter smb://potomac.kenyon.edu/public
- For other drives, consult your administrative assistant (employees) or professor (students), or call Helpline at (740) 427-5700.
If this method does not work or you need to access a network drive while off-campus, please try the instructions on here. (https://lbis.kenyon.edu/facilities-technology/help/networkaccess/web_VPN) (these instructions should work whether you or on or off-campus).
For additional assistance, call Helpline at (740) 427-5700.