This page describes the process of downloading an archive of the contents of your H: drive.
- In a web browser, log into http://remote.kenyon.edu with your Kenyon username and password. When the page loads, click the house icon in the ribbon at the top-right of the screen.
- In the text box next to the Browse button, enter the address for your H: drive. Your address will be formatted as follows (include the $ after your username):
- Click the box marked with a X to the left of the Name column heading to select all of your files. If you have done this correctly, the checkboxes next to all of the items in your H: drive will be checked.
- Click Download.
- In the following screen, you are asked to create a name for the archive of your H: drive that you are downloading. Enter a name, then click Download at the bottom of the page.
- A window will appear to ask where you want to save the .zip archive you are downloading. Specify a location (such as the Desktop). In a few moments, the .zip archive of your H: drive will appear in the location you specified. You may now copy this .zip file to a flash drive.
Users with Apple computers running OS X 10.5 or newer, or Windows computers running Windows XP or newer, can open .zip files by simply double-clicking on the .zip file.